Cornbread Turkey Stuffing
NOTE FROM LORI: I am not responsible for the consequences if anyone decides to try this out!!
3 tablespoons bacon fat or vegetable oil
4 stalks celery, diced
1 large onion, minced
16 oz. cornbread stuffing crumbs
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
2 cups apple juice
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 pound unpopped popcorn
1. Heat bacon fat or vegetable oil in large skillet over medium heat.
Add celery and union and saute until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. In large bowl, mix sauteed vegetables together with cornbread
stuffing crumbs. Mix in walnuts and popcorn.
3. In small saucepan, combine apple juice and butter; heat over
medium heat until butter is melted. Pour over stuffing mixture,
mixing well. Season stuffing with salt and pepper.
4. Stuff turkey cavities immediately before roasting.
5. Roast turkey until evenly browned or until turkey's ass is blown
out of the oven.