The Rules of Conservative Correctness
by Dan Baldwin
* If anyone disagrees with you, they are a "Democrat"
* If anyone argues with you, they are a "Liberal"
* If they argue with you and actually present data (formerly known as "debating"),
shrug it off as "propaganda from the Liberal Media"
* If you cannot rebut the argument pick on details such as misspellings, improper
punctuation or taglines
* If your opponent has an unrefutable argument, change the subject
* If your opponent consistently overturns your "correct" stories (anything told
by Rush Limbaugh), use ad hominem attacks.
* Anyone who puts life over profits is a "tree hugger"
* Anyone who refutes or debates "correct" science (Creationism, Ecological
Stability) is a "sky-is-falling" reactionary
* Anyone who opposes the melding of religion and government is one of the
"liberals" who helped create the rampant immorality today
* Any federal program created by a Democrat, or that "looks" Democratic is
* Dismantling programs and restrictions on spending then sending the money to
states as a "block grant" is better than having a standardized Federal
program with rules
* Giving tax money to People is "enslaving them", giving tax money to Corporations
is "making jobs"
* Anything that does not turn a profit for private corporations is "an elitist"
* Always take everything personally
* Whatever your weakness is, blame it on your opponent
* The more narrow and prejudiced your sources, the more you project that onto
* When your opponent attacks a Republican/conservative President's policies,
blame them on a Democratic Congress (or vice versa)
* When quoting your opponent, edit his words to conform to "correctness"
* Anyone who reads anything beyond "the Limbaugh Letter" is an "ivory tower
* When all else fails, lie